Simple (ft. Michelle Kim) Simple (ft. Michelle Kim)

Dude, this was. Brilliant. Need to check out your other work. Chill. Catchy. Simple. Just what you need in a solid song. I'm happy that I caught this thing and stumbled upon this. Don't let the lack of community involvement get you down man. There's a niche for everyone, somewhere, I haven't even found mine yet, just keep writing music you clearly have talent!

Waves of Color Waves of Color

Well done overall Spadez!

When the first synth solo comes in at around 1:11 in the song, where you divide the snare in the rhythm becomes odd, and more poly rhythmic in nature. It's something I personally like, a lot! But if there is something that is throwing people off, that is the area they are referring to in particular.

What the song seems to be lacking harmonically, just a bit, is a solid low end. This could really do with some deep bass lines to compliment the floaty highs that you have written which would also compliment the pad work you've done. I think personally that producers overall need to back up on using "air sweeps" as transitional crutches, and while you didn't have too many here, you did have more than needed to get the job done, but, that's just my opinion.

For the most part, I REALLY enjoyed it, you did a great job with this one. It was a fun listen, relaxing, very nice atmosphere, poppy and slidey. If I were to compare it to a dish, it would be like gooey icecream that was melting with rainbow sprinkles on it, and that's what you were going for right? :P

Spadezer responds:

......yes, totally what I was going for. ;)

Poly rhythmic rhythms are good, and anyone who disagrees is wrong. lol

I think I get what you're getting at the low end. I think I really only have a sub going and maybe neglected to add a higher bass along with it. Not sure how I neglected but I could see that being something I may have missed.
Heh, "transitional crutches". Man you cut right to the heart of that issue. lol. I guess air sweeps are now a bit cliche.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. Much appreciated

Shadow Steps Shadow Steps

I haven't even written a review in a long time but I was like OKAY NOW IT'S TIME.

Damn son, this is so blippity bloop good. Gooey mechanical essence atmosphere amenbreak flow intensity that just will not quit. I'm not even going to comment on what you can improve on because I enjoyed it so much. I feel like sending this to JoJo Mayer to see if he wants to play it. Bravo .

Demon-Wolf responds:

I did accidentally forgot to add that 20-minute drum solo at the end

Hexennacht ~P~ Hexennacht ~P~

Hey Phyrnna,

This was just too predictable for my tastes. Suited the genre well. Melodic choice was a bit staggered. Good production quality as usual but the swells sounded over-used. If feels rushed, as though you could have done more with rhythmic automation and changes to the overall harmony instead of looping it over and over. As always great production, but from a standpoint of musicality I'm left feeling a bit empty handed.

Royal Flush Royal Flush

You guys totally SLAYED!!!!

Could use some vocals and screaming. Drums sound programmed, but that's okay, lots of people do that. I like'd it a lot! Sweet work. I think it's better to like. Sit back on it for a while. It doesn't need to be longer. Sweet riffage, nice and heavy just like I like it. -frootza

TSRBand responds:

Glad you like it! I agree, some screams and vox would really spice up these demos. I'd love to work with someone who can do that sort of thing and knows how to mix it in. You're right about the drums, they're put together with EZDrummer 2. I can barely play a live kit, let alone mic one up and record it! The samples leave a bit to be desired but I think they do the trick for now :) Thanks for the feedback!

Darken Darken

It's funny that you mention this... My most epic creation to date was also inspired by a Nightmare I had! (Doctor Midnight, Burning Escape).

It does have a creepy sort of vibe, but I must ask you Duke... What VST's were you using for this project? I am now highly intrigued! It has a hint of heroism to it as well towards the end, as if the "fight isn't over yet!" kind of vibe.

Brilliant work. But how did you get the choir sounds? Feel free to send me a PM on the details, but this was thoroughly enjoyable! You can also add me on Skype, follow, etc. Links are on my profile :) -frootza

TheDukesDepot responds:

Really feels good to hear these kind of comments. Atmosphere is something I try to give all of my compositions. A feeling of being wherever the setting is supposed to be. I'm glad to hear that I can give that effect to a decent extent.

Ways to wander Ways to wander

I really dig this track! What it makes me visualize is sort of like a space-like city. Dark blue, hints of light purple and hints of black too.

Some pink, but not too much. Very grid like, but that is good. Simple rhythmic ideas presented and counted in a nice way.

Also, really enjoyed the orchestral backing string section that keeps the undertone of the beat as a whole very refreshing, I felt that the most when the choir came in!

Overall, excellent work. Hope to hear more from you soon! Followed! Follow back, eh? :)

frootza

BlastBeats responds:

Thanks for your positivity and the follow. I followed back :)

Wylde Ride-Metaljonus Wylde Ride-Metaljonus

Really like the harmonization and heaviness throughout. Very well done!

Mind if I ask what program and vst's you used for the drums? (Or if everything was programmed, even more impressive).

Excellent work overall, great playing!

frootza

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks dude! For drums I use Superior 2.0 I love it I need to check out ezdrummer 2 soon too! Thanks for listening dude!

ACE Magnum ACE Magnum

Dear Duke,

Did you know there was a very famous jazz composer and arranger called "Duke Ellington" who became extremely famous based on his jazz work! Anyone who has worked with him who are still alive today are referred to affectionately as "Ellingtonians". You did a great job with this ACE, totally nailed it!

TheDukesDepot responds:

Daw! Thanks, dude. ^^

My Name is Tom My Name is Tom

My name is Tom... Rhymed with Bob. my name is Tom.... rhymed with Bahb! Best song on NG I would say.